Monday, May 11, 2009

Back to the old worn out grind

I am currently on my last week of school, which is finals the week started great with our storage unit being broken into and the kids telling me all of mother's day that what I wanted to do was boring. The boys' dad, Dave, has started working night shifts, so for the summer I'm back to being a stay at home mommy. Yay? Now don't get me wrong I love my kids, but something in me tends to snap when I hear "Mom! CJ/Ethan hit me!" five hundred times a day because I'm the only one home/awake.

Today marks the first day for the next long three and a half months of summer vacation. I have already promised them that they will take swimming lessons, but the rec center doesn't send out a newsletter or post the information needed to enroll them on their website. I really actually don't even know where the pool is. I should probably figure that out.

Right now the boys are taking a nap and I have about thirty minutes of uninterrupted time to do laundry, dishes, sweep and mop, and maybe do a little reading before I hear screaming coming from upstairs because someone is pointing at the other one. Ahhh motherhood bliss. Maybe is would have made it easier if I had squeezed the kids out myself, but I doubt it, I think that just the way kids are. I should probably also get going on my to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment